Want to work with us?
Are you passionate about sustainability, social good, impact business and making a difference? We’d love to hear from you!
Social Media Content Creator / Marketing Assistant
Hip Mommies is the Canadian distribution company that’s setting a new standard. As boutique importers and distributors of sustainable and innovative goods for the conscious Canadian retailer, Hip Mommies is on a mission to create a better world. For their retail partners, suppliers, employees and Canadian consumers. By holding their brand partners to a higher standard, using their influence in the supply chain to reduce waste, and by operating as an environmentally, socially and ethically responsible business.
Cost of Goods Sold, hosted by Hip Mommies CCO Jennifer Myers Chua, is a podcast about the environmental and social costs of the things we buy. Each episode features the stories behind businesses with sustainable or social focus.
Hip Mommies continues to experience significant growth and is looking for an experienced social media content creator/marketing assistant to join their team and help continue to grow the business and the podcast.
We are looking for values alignment over previous work experience. We invite you to apply, regardless of what job titles may be on your resume. Paid training is available, encouraged and provided.
In This Role, You Will Have The Opportunity To:
● Collaborate with the CCO to produce content for a variety of mediums (TikTok, Instagram, Pinterest, Web, Youtube) for both Hip Mommies and Cost of Goods Sold
● Help communicate impact and Hip Mommies commitments to diversity and sustainability within our supply chain
● Own the content calendar, and brainstorm content ideas based on seasons or current events, promotions or podcast episodes
● Launch and grow the Hip Mommies and Cost Of Goods Sold Tik Tok accounts
● Keep up with what is trending on social media and create content that aligns with current trends
● Ensure all marketing initiatives capture the right tone, visuals and messaging and fit with our aesthetic
● Use a scheduler to organize, upload and schedule social media posts
● Grow Hip Mommies and COGS communities and continue to generate raving fans
● Connect with customers / listeners on social media, respond to DMs and comments
● Assist with promotions, giveaways and photoshoots
● Create graphics, resize images to support the Hip Mommies and Cost of Goods Sold websites, e-commerce and related accounts
● Update images on Shopify
● Update Collections, copy and SEO on Shopify (training provided)
● Using Mailchimp, write content, resize images and send newsletters
● Manage Facebook Business Manager and keep Facebook and Instagram accounts active
● Manage the companies assets (videos and photography) in Dropbox
● Monitor project performance metrics, periodically share summaries with the CCO, and recommend ideas
● Support freelance creatives/influencers if required, overseeing workflow and partnerships
● Potential to learn how-to and best practices for digital marketing and ads (training provided)
We’re looking for someone who:
● Is passionate about sustainability, social good, impact business and making a difference.
● Has knowledge of BCorp, what it means to be a BCorp and impact business
● Is a brilliant thinker, strategist and ideator; you are known for your creative ideas, genius strategies and being able to see future pathways which others can’t. You will bring this energy and vision and apply it to the Hip Mommies and Cost Of Goods Sold Brands
● Has demonstrated knowledge of Social Media trends, creating compelling TikToks and Reels, and is diligent about producing accurate, interesting, high-quality content
● Can effectively manage a content calendar in Asana, Notion or similar, and can use a social media scheduling platform
● Has intermediate knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite with an emphasis on Photoshop or Illustrator (Rush, Premiere or Audition is a bonus)
● Is organized, detail-oriented, and thorough
● Is committed to learning about and understanding the Hip Mommies and Cost Of Goods Sold audiences
● Is self-motivated and seeks out tasks that will improve our team and our output
● Has a positive, optimistic attitude, even when the team is facing a challenge
● Can physically visit the warehouse (Woodbine and Steeles area of Scarborough/Markham) once or twice a month to access new products, photograph or take videos with physical goods.
For all of the skills required, paid training is available, encouraged and provided.
Why work for Hip Mommies:
At Hip Mommies, it is important that all employees feel valued, respected, and supported. We believe in flexibility. Aside from setting core hours each day, where we ask you to remain accessible, (and a couple of days in office/month) when you work, where you work and how you work most creatively is up to you.
Want to be on salary or paid hourly? We will work with the right candidate to make sure how you receive pay suits your situation best. All Hip Mommies employees benefit from two weeks of paid time off, paid opportunities for volunteering, education, training and development opportunities.
Joining the Hip Mommies team in this role provides you with the opportunity to have a say in the creative direction of an established, and newly founded brand – and contribute meaningfully to conversations around sustainability and creating a brighter future.
How to Apply:
We are extremely committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce. We believe in fostering an inclusive workplace where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Salary range is $25 an hour, or 48K yearly.
No phone calls, please. Please apply by emailing [email protected]
Along with your resume, please include links to your portfolio or past projects or social media profiles and a link to a TikTok/Reels style video.
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. We thank all candidates for their interest but due to the volume of applications, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
We conduct business with integrity and transparency.
Want to know more about us and how we do business? Send us a note, and we can set up a chat.
@ Hip Mommies 2021 | privacy & legal