The Ecoegg laundry egg is the money-saving and hypoallergenic alternative to washing detergent – uses natural cleaning pellets that contain no harsh chemicals, and lasts 720 washes
Made in the UK
ecoegg is manufactured in England
Made with eco friendly materials and processes
Solves a real problem, is useful & multipurpose
Third party tested safe
The Current Ecoegg Collection
Product Name & Retail Pricing
The natural detergent breakthrough – a real alternative to harsh chemicals.
- Lasts for 720 washes (about 3 years)
- Replaces detergent
- No more heavy plastic laundry jugs
- No harsh chemicals
- Colours stay bright
- Easy to use
- Made in the UK
- Supported by Allergy UK and the National Eczema Society, the Laundry Egg is dermatologically tested and perfect for even the most sensitive skin.
- The Ecoegg can be used in Front Loaders, or top loaders and High-Efficiency washing machines.
Instructions for use: Simply place the Ecoegg Laundry Egg on top of your laundry in the drum of the washing machine, and wash as normal. No powder, liquid, tablets or gels required.
The award-winning Laundry Egg is a complete replacement for washing detergent. The Ecoegg cleaning pellets are non-toxic and do not contain any harsh chemicals, petrochemicals, enzymes, optical brighteners or phosphates.
Here at Hip Mommies, we feel that the Ecoegg works great for day-to-day laundry on Normal or Cold cycles. We have been using eco-friendly liquid detergent for Hot Washes or towels, and stain remover or pre-treatment on some of the more aggressive “kid” stains. (Followed by a wash with Ecoegg.) The two types of mineral pellets inside the egg get to work, producing powerful – cleaning foam which powers through the fibres lifting off the dirt and grime. Ecoeggs have two types of pellets (tourmalines and minerals). The tourmalines weaken the adhesive forces between the dirt and fabric and the minerals naturally ionize the oxygen molecules in the water which then penetrate deep into the fabric to lift away dirt and grime. The fabric itself will not be faded or damaged in anyway.
The 720 Laundry Egg lasts for 720 washes; that’s 3 year’s worth of laundry for the average family – imagine the savings not having to buy detergent for the next 3 years! Each load works out to $0.06 a wash. Each Ecoegg comes with 12 replacement packs of pellets, you top up the white pellets every 70 washes or so – when you notice that the white mineral pellets have reduced in size and are near the button. When this happens, add a new bag of white mineral pellets into your egg. The dark tourmalines don’t need topping up.
The ingredients used in the Laundry Egg pellets:
- 34% – Sodium C12-C16 Olefin Sulfonate – a mild surfactant
- 23% – Sodium Carbonate – helps soften water by binding to hard water minerals which can deactivate detergents
- 15% – Calcium Carbonate – water softener
- 10% – Sodium Bicarbonate aka baking soda – alkali which can help soften clothes to allow stain removal, fizzes in water which helps lift dirt
- 8% – Sodium Metasilicate – strong alkali, can also react with oils/grease to form soap
- 7% – Emulsifier – used to make pellets
- 2% – Cellulose Gum – as above
- 1% – Sodium Citrate – a chelating agent used to help soften hard water
Each load of laundry works out to be 6 cents a wash with the Ecoegg Laundry Egg.
Does this look familiar? The Ecoegg lasts up to 3 years (720 washes!) saving a LOT of laundry soap – and plastic! Coming in at $0.06 a wash, you are guaranteed to save money as well. We still keep some eco-friendly detergent on hand for extra hot washes and bath towels, and some stain remover/pretreatment for some of the more stubborn kid stains, but the Ecoegg has been a real saver for our day to day laundry.
We Love Ecoegg
Want to Learn more about the Ecoegg products?
I know it sounds too good to be true. When we first got an EcoEgg to bring home and try out, we were overjoyed. Could this really be the end of detergent as we know it? Half a year later, We can confidently confirm that it is. Perfect for day to day, cold water washes and toddlerlife. Watch the video to learn more about Ecoegg and how it works. Ready to order? All Ecoegg products are avaliable to order via our online ordering system.
Want to stock your shelves with Ecoegg Laundry Eggs?
These items are in stock, ready for retail, and shipping from Canada.
@ Hip Mommies 2021 | privacy & legal