Kizingo toddler spoons are
uniquely curved to easily work with the way little one’s eat to make self-feeding less frustrating and more successful.
Made in the USA
Manufactured in New York State
Certified BPA, BPS, PVC, Lead, Latex, and Phthalate-free
Solves a real problem, is useful & multipurpose
Third party tested safe
The Current Kizingo Collection
Product Name & Retail Pricing
Most traditional utensils (even kid-sized ones) are a poor match for little hands, whose fine-motor skills are still developing.
Kizingo’s co-founder Kiyah and her husband lived and worked in Tanzania in 2010. As a nutritionist and mother to a little girl who was just learning to eat solid foods, Kiyah eagerly experimented with fresh local produce – much of it new to her family – and local recipes. The name Kizingo means CURVED in Swahili and honors that time of exploration and discovery.
- Designed and manufactured in the USA.
- Safety tested + certified. BPA, PVC, Lead, Latex, and Phthalate-free.
- Dishwasher & microwave safe
- Created with little hands in mind. Toddlers grab cutlery palm-down and the Kizingo design supports this.
- Thumb depression encourages proper grip and provides stability.
- Encourages independence and helps develop fine motor skills.
- Spoon fits around little hands. Bowl curves to face them, bringing food into the position that kids need.
- Shallow bowl provides appropriate portion size and supports proper lip closure.
- Longevity! beneficial when your little one is 9mo or 4yrs.
- Bilingual packaging, hangable.
- Available in singles or the more economical 2-pack
- Available in right handed, or left handed versions (10% of sales are left handed)
- Kizingo are supporters of small business, and place emphasis on brick and mortar boutiques.
- Having a Kizingo spoon on your cash register where your customers can touch it is a huge win for many of our boutiques.
- No case quantities, Canadian pricing and fast and economical shipping from the Toronto area. Competitive pricing and top rate service.
Kizingo products were designed for little hands. The thumb depression encourages proper grip and provides stability, the short and wide handle is easy to hold and provides improved control, and the shallow bowl allows for appropriate portion size and proper lip closure.
MEET THE MAKERS
Kiyah is a mom, a nutritionist, a scholar, a small business owner and the creator of the Kizingo Toddler Spoon.
“Hello! I’m Kiyah, co-founder of Kizingo and creator of the Kizingo Toddler Spoon. As a nutrition researcher I know how important it is to support and encourage healthy eating habits as soon as kids begin eating solid food. As a mom, however, I know just how hard that can be! I also know that most of the utensils we give kids don’t work well for how they hold and use them. And because they don’t work well parents often take over feeding their kids, but little ones really want to do it themselves! Inevitably, this ends up creating a mealtime battle of the wills.
I wanted to change that. My mission –Kizingo’s mission – is to design and build products that promote health in families and independence in kids. Our goal is to make it easier for the healthy choice to be the easy choice. Our products are rooted in science, informed by personal experience, and manufactured in the United States using the highest quality materials. Parenting is hard enough … I want to make it a little bit easier and, maybe, a little bit tastier too!
Thanks for coming along on my journey!” – Kiyah
We Love Kizingo
Want to Learn more about the Kizingo products?
Kizingo is really unique. Co-founder and creator, Kiyah Duffey, introduces you to the KIZINGO toddler spoon and describes why it’s so innovative in toddler feeding.Ready to order? All Kizingo curved toddler spoons are avaliable to order via our online ordering system.
Want to stock your shelves with Kizingo?
These items are available to ship from our warehouse
Retailers! These products are exclusively distributed in Canada by Hip Mommies and are available for order via our ordering system. If you would like to place your order by phone, fax, or email, please contact us.